Fellow Blogger Ness at The Girl with 5 Lads has planted a seed with us Chronic Illness Bloggers and asked us a few questions about who we are #besidesmydiagnosis. So since I’ve been home for over a year on long-term sick leave, going from doctor to doctor appointments, I knew this was right up my alley and I needed to complete this because I needed to remember who I was #besidesmydiagnosis. Thank you Ness and here are my answers:
1. #besidesmydiagnosis the three things about my appearance that I love in the mirror?
- My Face; I’ve always had great skin and people always compliment me on it.
- My waist; I’ve always had a defined waist, no matter how much my weight has fluctuated
- My legs; I’m tall and a lot of that is in my legs
2. #besidesmydiagnosis the things I have read most are?
Books, I love books and I always have.
3. #besidesmydiagnosis my favourite comfort foods are?
- Ice cream / gelato
- Gummy Bears and Sour Patch Kids
- Cereal; rice crispies, corn pops and cheerios have always been my bedtime snack
4. #besidesmydiagnosis my favourite past times are?
- my pupalups – Keely and Ranger
- colouring –
- photography – mini2z on Instagram
- camping – Woodland Park Campground
- hammocks https://www.pinterest.com/mini2z/hammocks/
- the beach – Sauble Beach
- wine –
- see question #2
5. #besidesmydiagnosis my biggest accomplishment since illness is?
Blogging here and being accepted at a Chronic Illness Blogger!
6. #besidesmydiagnosis I feel my best quality is?
7. #besidesmydiagnosis my motto/mantra to live by?
Life is a journey not a destination. I take this to mean live your life during your journey as you’ll only have the one journey so make the most of it.
8. #besidesmydiagnosis I would love to travel to?
A round the world trip (RTW) with my family. I was researching destinations because we want to go to Thailand to see our Thai daughter who lived with us for the last part of her student exchange program. I found that a RTW ticket is more cost-effective than a round trip ticket. You have a year to use the ticket and you must end at the place you left from. We were thinking Detroit to LA, LA to Australia, Australia to Thailand, Thailand to the Maldives (you have to stay over the ocean at least once right!?!) Maldives, to Greece, Greece to Ireland, Ireland to Detroit. I also have a blog post about my Wanderlust.
9. #besidesmydiagnosis my guilty pleasure is?
TiVo and Netflix, I’ve watched some crazy things while stuck in bed
10. #besidesmydiagnosis I have many dreams and ambitions such as?
Enjoy retirement with my husband and enjoy travel in our 5th wheel RV.
So will you try to see what you are #besidesmydiagnosis ?
Journey with me … mini2z