I was nominated byÂ goldencougarwolfÂ for the Liebster award. Â This amazing surprise arrived this morning and it came at a time when the wolf is rearing it’s ugly head. Â I have four autoimmune disorders and they’re all related in my body attacks itself. So I’ve slept for over 13 hours but I’m still so exhausted but happy that I was nominated for this award.
1. What do you like to wear to the beach?
I like a bikini. Â Yep I’m 46 and still wear a two piece bathing suit. Â Since finding out about Lupus and the need to stay out of the sun it’s a different story. Â We always went to the beach after three or four o’clock because of my daughter’s Irish skin and parking was free. Â But I have always brought an umbrella, a book, lots of sunscreen, water, a sarong, a top to cover my shoulders, a floppy hat and sunglasses.
2. What would you write about at the beach?
I think if I ever write a book it would have a beach setting. Â I’ve always felt at home at the beach. Â Now if I could have my hammock on the beach it would be even better!
3. What kind of stories do you want to have on your blog?
Everything! Â I write to bring awareness but I also like to share my kidlets, the pupalups and things that make me smile with everyone.
4. What is your favorite drink?
Barry’s Irish Tea in the mornings. Â I love mojitos and I make an awesome rum drink but wine is my true love is wine. Â Moscato is my new favorite. Â I only drink white or rose because the reds tend to bring on migraines.
5. What is your favorite animal?
DOGS!! The pupalups are Keely the fox red Labrador and Ranger is the Woxer which is a Brindle boxer and Wheaton Terrier mix. Â They have their own Instagram account!
6. If you were a bug, what would you blog about?
I would have to write about my adventures in staying alive while annoying the humans!
7. What is your favorite name for a baby?
When I was a teen I read a book where the name of the young girl was Caitlin so I thought I’d name my daughter Caitlin MacKenzie. Â Well I’m glad that only part of that came true because my daughter Sierra MacKenzie would have ended up being one of the five (or more) Caitlin’s at her Irish Dance school.
8. What is your favorite book?
Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley and The Belgariad and The Mallorean by David Eddings (it’s a 10 book series)
9. What is your favorite spice?
Basil, simple yet tasty. Â Everyone in my house loves everything hot but not me.
10. What kind of music inspires you to write?
I don’t really listen when I’m writing but my musical taste is wide ranging as my reading.
I’d say classic rock like Tom Petty, Boston, Bob Seger, The Who…and so on. Â Inspirational song is Southern Cross by Crosby, Stills, and Young.
11. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go for great pie and coffee (tea)?
Ireland for tea and scones or other biscuits. Georgia for Pecan Pie!
The rules! Why do we always have to have rules? See me roll my eyes. But here they are if you want to follow them:ÂOnce you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
Â I would love to nominate:
A Journey with You – surviving schizophreniaÂ who has been supportive to me while she is on her own journey.
Mummy’s Not Invisible who also has Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
a writers helper because she saw the story in me that I’ve always thought about but never really let it flow.
CurvyLouÂ because of her awesomeness and understanding of the Spoonies and what purple means AND that I think she might get me off my butt and start on that t-shirt quilt for each of the kidlets…
Piran Cafe (Bob)Â because I love his photos, his wanderlust and that he reads my blog.
Tessa – Advocate for Invisible IllnessÂ – her tagline says it all! Â Advocates for the millions of people who have illnesses that you can’t see!
There are a few others but they’ve been nominated by others so I won’t torture you in doing this again.
My 11 questions for you:
1. Â What was the first thing you remember writing? Â
2. Â The one place you feel most at home?
3. Â Sun or Stars and why?
4. Â Favorite Author?
5. Â Most influential person on your writing journey?
6. Â What is one thing that you change about yourself if you could?
7. Â Have you travelled to someplace where you will never go back to? Why?
8. Â What is your indulgence? Something you don’t mind spending money on for YOU?
9. Â Tell me about someplace on your bucket list? Â Where do you want to go and why?
10. Have you done the Zero Day Project or are in the process of it? Â
11. Â Tea or coffee and beer or wine?
Some info on theÂ Liebster AwardÂ
I look forward to reading your answers.
Journey with me…mini2z