Where Oh Where I Have I Been?
I haven’t written a proper blog since December. I can only think that I haven’t felt like writing because of my depression. I have always loved Christmas and the holiday season but since I’ve been battling with all these illnesses is the reason that I haven’t found my new normal. I’m trying to find the balance but I don’t feel like I’m there yet. Christmas was an amazing time with my family. We spent Christmas Eve at my mother-in-law’s and Christmas my mom, gram and mother-in-law came to our house. I spent the next few days recovering because I should have napped both days but I pushed my body too much.
I finally saw a neurologist just before Christmas. He spent almost an hour doing the check up and prescribed a medication that I had to try before my insurance would pay for the botox. The botox will be in three spots on my head. I’ve also been referred for two MRI’s of my head, back and hips. The hope is that they can do both of the MRI’s together so I don’t have to go into the machine twice. I am claustrophobic so two tests won’t be fun for me. March 6th will mark the first and hopefully my only MRI but I know I can handle two being mildly sedated for them at the very least.
I posted this on my New Year’s Post but I don’t make “resolutions” as I will always break them. I will list some things I’m going to work on doing better, (working on) though:
- budgeting – meal planning, cut back on spending (subscription boxes)
- blog on a sort of set schedule for me – sponsored blogs yeah they get done but personal ones go on the back burner
- walking and yoga – again it’s not something that I can schedule but I’d like to have someone walk with me with the pupalups and get to yoga once a week
- keep getting better rest and sleep – it has improved but the painsomnia can’t be helped
- not feel guilty for what I can’t do – that’s a hard one but working on it every day
- try to get my nails in order, take medications on time (more on that in a couple months)
- get to the dentist to get the work the work that needs to be done.
Today is Family Day in my province of Ontario, Canada. It’s a relatively new holiday created so there was a day off between Christmas and Easter. It’s February 20th and it’s already 48 degrees out. My dogs aren’t complaining about wanting back in after two seconds outside. We had record high temperatures on Saturday.
On Saturday, I finally received the call from the pain clinic. I have my two appointments. The first is approximately 1.5 hours with twelve pages of documents to fill out. The second appointment is about two hours. She asked if the dates would work and I said, no matter what I’d work it out because I’ve been waiting for these for almost a year.
I hope you’ll grab a cuppa tea and continue on this journey with me.
Please Note: My blog has affiliate links
“I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company. “
AXON OPTICS: My Trial With The Hannik Migraine Glasses *hint* I LOVE Them
I have never been so happy to write a review. I received the Axon Optics HANNIK – Migraine Glasses for Migraine Relief and Light Sensitivity Relief. I had my choice of four different pairs of glasses. I went back and forth between this pair and the over the glasses pair. Ultimately, I chose the Hannik with the lighter indoor tint. I chose this pair because I knew I’d be watching my iPad in bed and when I do that I don’t wear my contacts or glasses. They are big enough to put over my smaller glasses though and I did wear them that way. The glasses also came with an information card. I’ve included a photo of the card.
They arrived well packaged and not over packaged that when you order from Amazon sometimes happens. They were in a box in a box and there is a carrying case and cleaning cloth for getting rid of fingerprints.
Did they work? YES oh my gosh, YES they worked! I’m so happy that these are MINE now! I wear them every night, you see my hubby goes to bed around ten at night but because of pain I’m not always ready to sleep at the same time. So I’m nestled in the bed and he has a pillow so he doesn’t get bothered by the light. Compromised by adding a pillow as a wall so I’m not bugging him. I wore them as sunglasses with my contacts if I had a doctor’s appointment. My oldest daughter took me to the theatre and I wore them in the show as well. If it was sunny in the house, I wore them as well too.
The first few days that I had them my hubby noticed that I was squinting and said, “put your migraine glasses on”. I was remembering, yes I have them. Now they are right beside me and ready to put on when needed for television, iPad or even reading.
The only con is under my eyes get a little sweaty but that’s because they block the light coming in.
Light Can Be Painful
You know your eyes are directly connected to your brain, right? Well, what you may not know is that there are actually two SEPARATE pathways. One transmits visual information, the other transmits pain—pain designed to tell you that the light entering your eyes is harmful and can cause damage. Source: Axon Optics Website
I would recommend these to anyone who suffers from migraines, occasional headache or just wants to avoid eye strain because they’re in front of computer all day.
Check out Axon Optics https://www.axonoptics.com
Journey with me … mini2z
I was going to do Thursday Thoughts but the Blogaversary popped up when I started in WordPress today.
- Fibro Fog: I have a few things that have been on my brain of late and if I don’t type them or write them they’re gone as fast as I thought of them. This is Fibro Fog or Brian Fog and it’s getting worse. I’ve added SimpleNote to all my devices including my husbands because it’s helpful to have him have access to my notes but he can’t make sense of my not so wonderful shorthand and it’s all my own so that’s not helpful when I need it. I’m also using Suri and the reminders app a lot so I don’t forget but I still do.
- iPad Questions, I started solely using my iPad as my sole blogging, surfing, reading, storage of all things BUT I’ve run into an issue. I can’t get my photos from my camera uploaded from my memory card to my google drive where I have my photos stored. Thankfully, I got all the photos from my laptop uploaded before said laptop died or was killed via a knock on my Ranger’s hard head. No, the pupalup was not injured, just my laptop that will not turn on anymore. So what do I do? I have this wonderful Canon DSLR that I can’t use in the way I had hoped to be able to. I found out that my laptop is almost 10 years old so it doesn’t owe me anything. It’s heavy and at some point, I will jump into to the MacBook world but for now, I have a Zagg case that acts as my keyboard too. So how do I get photos from my awesome camera to the online world? I’m a beginner with a DSLR so I want simple with the hope of getting my photos uploaded to my Google Drive. HELP!
- Photos on iPhone – HOW do I change the name from 876768.jpeg to something? Any suggestions? I do upload to google drive.
- BlogLovin do you use it? I have my blog attached to my bloglovin account but I have no clue how to get followers to follow. I guess I’m having technical issues of late.
- Planners, what do you use? I jumped in wholeheartedly and bought an Erin Condrin last year. Now that I’m getting some doctor appointments in September and one in October I don’t know why I went with this format as it doesn’t even finish the year. I bought a 17-month Ban.do smaller planner with tabs but I love my EC personalized case and my personalized covers but I don’t think the planners are for me. I think I’ll just buy a notebook with a coil so I can use the few covers I have and maybe even use that as a bullet journal. What do you use? How long have you been using it? How do you use your planner? I find I’m not using it as a journal as it’s too big. So I really need some other ideas.
- New Email! I will have a specific email for the blog once I get the sheet of stuff I have to input to finish set up. It’s only been three days but I’m on step six of seven. mini2z at mini2z dot com
- Health Updates: I’m being referred to a Neurologist for the Migraines to get Botox, I have Gastritis so that’s the stomach issues with nausea, throwing up, only able to eat bland foods if I can even eat. I only had three doctors appointments this week. I have bruises all over and I think it’s a lupus issue and iron transfusion would be great but they don’t do them around here anymore. My right hip is throbbing and thus I’m only getting about five hours of sleep.
- Pupalups had their yearly check up and both are great, all their skin issues have cleared and I attribute that to the dog food we feed them, Acana or Orijen, but Keely is a little on the “round” side so she’s on a no treats and trying another Canadian food that is a Light formula with the no chicken and grains. My go-to brands only have one formula and it has chicken as the protein so that was out. They are heartworm clear and Ranger gained weight but he’s all muscle as per Dr Jim. I picked them up a new harness and Trackr’s.
- Wanderlust I’m dreaming again and dreaming of so many places I want to go to. Those dreams also include me NOT being sick too!
- Hubby, he went back to work this week or last week and he’s on a desk job. BUT because of his boot, he can’t drive and he has to be driven to work and home. It’s frustrating, sorry honey, I love you but yeah it sucks.
- Kidlet, I went with her to pick up her diploma for her Pre-Health, Nursing and she got her nursing package the day before. I’m still trying to get her involved in the student government at the college, not asking her to run for President but I want her to have the wonderful experience I didn’t when I was on for two years there. I’m proud of her either way.
- Summer Reading book exchange through Elfster and my swap person sent me Surviving Henry and You Before Me and I love them both. I hope my person likes the books I sent her. I love what I received from here. I also picked up a planner and a new Nora Robers book.
That’s all from me on updates. How are you? Any plans for the holiday weekend? Nothing for this house is planned.
Journey with me … mini2z