Where Oh Where I Have I Been?
I haven’t written a proper blog since December. I can only think that I haven’t felt like writing because of my depression. I have always loved Christmas and the holiday season but since I’ve been battling with all these illnesses is the reason that I haven’t found my new normal. I’m trying to find the balance but I don’t feel like I’m there yet. Christmas was an amazing time with my family. We spent Christmas Eve at my mother-in-law’s and Christmas my mom, gram and mother-in-law came to our house. I spent the next few days recovering because I should have napped both days but I pushed my body too much.
I finally saw a neurologist just before Christmas. He spent almost an hour doing the check up and prescribed a medication that I had to try before my insurance would pay for the botox. The botox will be in three spots on my head. I’ve also been referred for two MRI’s of my head, back and hips. The hope is that they can do both of the MRI’s together so I don’t have to go into the machine twice. I am claustrophobic so two tests won’t be fun for me. March 6th will mark the first and hopefully my only MRI but I know I can handle two being mildly sedated for them at the very least.
I posted this on my New Year’s Post but I don’t make “resolutions” as I will always break them. I will list some things I’m going to work on doing better, (working on) though:
- budgeting – meal planning, cut back on spending (subscription boxes)
- blog on a sort of set schedule for me – sponsored blogs yeah they get done but personal ones go on the back burner
- walking and yoga – again it’s not something that I can schedule but I’d like to have someone walk with me with the pupalups and get to yoga once a week
- keep getting better rest and sleep – it has improved but the painsomnia can’t be helped
- not feel guilty for what I can’t do – that’s a hard one but working on it every day
- try to get my nails in order, take medications on time (more on that in a couple months)
- get to the dentist to get the work the work that needs to be done.
Today is Family Day in my province of Ontario, Canada. It’s a relatively new holiday created so there was a day off between Christmas and Easter. It’s February 20th and it’s already 48 degrees out. My dogs aren’t complaining about wanting back in after two seconds outside. We had record high temperatures on Saturday.
On Saturday, I finally received the call from the pain clinic. I have my two appointments. The first is approximately 1.5 hours with twelve pages of documents to fill out. The second appointment is about two hours. She asked if the dates would work and I said, no matter what I’d work it out because I’ve been waiting for these for almost a year.
I hope you’ll grab a cuppa tea and continue on this journey with me.